Sunday, July 15, 2012

Veggie Mocha Smoothie

We recently got a Vitamix.  Red teases because I enjoy it so much.  (Honey, it's ok...it hasn't replaced you...)  I had researched it and had been thinking about it before seeing it demonstrated at Costco again.  I sent an urgent message for Red to text me if he didn't want me to buy it.  He responded, but didn't say no...so I took it as a YES!


The salesman had made nut butter and instead of trying to clean it out, he made a drink he called a Veggie-chino, ("which comes in my special set of recipes and you can only get if you but the Vitamix through me, so buy today!")  I didn't get to try it since it had milk in it, but after getting home and playing with the recipe and healthifying it to my taste, it's become my morning staple.  Here's what I'm throwing in it:



1 cup kefir or yogurt 
1 cup milk/cream combo
One handful coffee beans or some cold coffee
One small handful of nuts or nut butter
1-2 Tbsp. cacao or carob powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp. raw honey
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 Tbsp. flax oil
2 stalks kale or chard
1 Tbsp fresh mint
1-2 raw pastured eggs (optional)
1 banana
2 ½ cups ice
Cinnamon, dash
Nutmeg, dash

 If you don't have cacao/cocoa or carob powder, throw in some mint chocolate instead of cacao.  YUMMY morning pick-me-up!

No comments: