Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Healing Prayer

A while back I had a dream that I was in a church service of some kind and during the service a woman stood up and prayed healing over someone who immediately got healed.  The service turned into a healing service.  At one point someone was handing out something that meant the woman was going to be praying for you.  They handed me whatever it was and I burst out crying thinking, "finally, my healing!"  Then someone prayed for me and spoke that the following week I'd be healed.  I remember thinking, "What a joke!  That's not how it's done!"

Our church has been involved in starting a house of prayer in its city.  We've set up time slots at our building, scheduling around the dance classes held there, and it's mostly been our people showing up...until this past week.  There's a group of intercessors from IHOP that are temporarily staying at a local university where, by God's design, there is a group of students and faculty housing them who have been praying for revival in the city.  Along with these two groups, there's a group of YWAM intercessors, by God's design, joining us at our little house of prayer for powerful prayer. 

Last night Red and I finally made time to go.  I mostly wanted to go that night because the slot was listed as a healing service.  Through heartfelt worship we had POWERFUL prayer and testimonies.  Two testimonies of healing and one of finally feeling God's love as the Father.  There was uncontrolled weeping, strong embraces, prophetic words, and healings.  One girl there, while praying and through the power of God, saw another girl's leg grow longer so they were finally level.

When the call of healing was given I was the first one standing with the desire to receive prayer.  A group of mostly college age students gathered around and prayed for me.  With my arms stretched out, calling out for God, I felt my husband come behind me and help hold my arms up.  One guy praying mentioned he felt I may be dealing with unforgiveness.  The second testimony of healing was given and the girl said she was healed of back pain and knee pain.  I knew she was supposed to pray for me.  When she touched my back there was heat...I kept thinking, "my back isn't the issue, pray for my knees."  The heat continued when she prayed for my knees.  When asked what was going through my mind all I could say was "I want to finally be able to kneel and worship!  I haven't been able to."  Shortly after, I was able!  I was finally able to fall on my knees and praise the Lord of my healing!

While on the floor my left arm was causing some pain due to the calcium deposit.  I could feel the lump digging into the floor.  And wouldn't you know...when I got up, it was gone!

Last night, in bed, I experienced the healing in my back.  For quite some time I've had pain when laying on my sides, needing a pillow to prop up my leg, thinking it was because my hips weren't even.  Even with the help of the pillow I'd have to switch positions frequently.  Well, last night that issue was gone!  Praise God!  I didn't need my body pillow.

Praise God for being good, for being my healer!  My hands, wrists, and feet still hurt, especially in the morning, but these healings give me hope to press into Him and that my wholeness is waiting around the corner! 

3 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

Praising and thanking the Lord with you!

Joshswife said...

Wow! I have chills!! Thank you, God, for your awesome, wonderful healing power!! AMEN!!!!! That testimony only stirs faith in me--thank you!!!

Mrs. C said...

Ohhh Mrs. K, how free you must feel now!