Saturday, April 3, 2010

Super Easy Whole Chicken

I had heard that buying a whole chicken can be cheaper than buying chicken breasts, i.e. you get more bang for your buck, or in this case, meat.  So I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it has quickly become a family favorite.  It's called Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken.  Seriously...check it out!  It's got onion, garlic, soy sauce (I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos), vinegar (I use Bragg's Raw Apple Cider Vinegar), and is for the Crock Pot!!  All the meat just falls off the bones!  So easy and SOOO delicious!  It's got all the yummy healthy fat/gelatin in it mixed with the sauce and is great over rice.  *DROOL!!!  I mixed it with a little BBQ sauce and had it on a hamburger bun today.  YUM!  And with warm weather on the rise this won't heat up the house!

And if any of you are clueless as to how to cut up a whole chicken (like I have been!), here's a video on it:


How to Quarter a Whole Chicken Cooking Tips -- powered by eHow.com

It's all about the culinary scissors...I'll be trying this next time! I usually massacre it, pulling the meat off the leg bone while trying to pop a joint.

Also, so you know, Nourishing Traditions has a recipe on turning whole chicken or a chicken carcass into chicken broth! It's delicious!

2 comments:

Ballewbear said...

Definitely going to try this!! Thanks!!

Ballewbear said...

Definitely going to try this!! Thanks!!