Friday, April 23, 2010

Options...

In lieu of my desperation I was referred to a couple of different doctors today.  One is an iridologist and the other uses reflex nutrition assessment.

The first guy was recommended by a friend who's been having problems keeping her pregnancies and wanting to lose weight.  The guy didn't ask any questions until he reviewed her iris.  He mentioned there was evidence she'd been stabbed, which usually comes from a surgery (she'd had her appendix removed).  He also noted other things involved with that.  He told her she was full of mucus, probably mostly due to being lactose intollerant, and asked her about her uterus.  He costs $65 for a visit and my friend didn't walk out without less than $150 in herbal supplements, which is how he treats.  She's been on them for about a week and going through "crucial detox". 

This guy is a vegetarian and blames milk for a lot of health problems.  "Cow milk is for cows.  Are you a baby cow?"  I don't quite buy that, but maybe he could still tell me which organs need help.  I also am not sold of cutting out all meat.  Over-processed corn/soy fed commercial cows, yes, but there are healthy alternavtives.

The second is a doctor in Arroyo Grande, Robert Thiel.  He's written many articles and has a few websites, including Doctor Research, which is on supplements he's created, and Center for Natural Health Research, which has his article "Musculoskeletal Pain Relief for People with Arthritis, Lupus, and Fibromyalgia".  It's $175 for the initial visit plus supplements.  Kinda far, but I'd rather have someone recommend nutrition than antibiotics

With these I've made appointments while I figure out (pray about!) who I should go to, if any.  I'm leaning toward Dr. Thiel because he seems to be on the same page as me in regards to nutrition.  Since modern medicine (blood tests and ultrasound) couldn't get a diagnosis, might as well try something that isn't invasive and is proven to work, especially before giving myself over to x-rays and MRI's!

Please pray for wisdom for me! 

Also, for those of you in the dark regarding food, check out Food, Inc.  It's on tonight on PBS at 9:00pm.  The station has been encouraging people to have a potluck and invite friends over to watch the movie and discuss it.  It's also being streamed online until Thursday, April 29. 

4 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Prayers for wisdom right now, Mrs. K!

I am not sure where I stand on the cow's milk thing, either, but I had heard when Woodjie was younger and having problems that sometimes cutting milk out is good. I asked my doctor about it and he had Woodjie tested. He is ALLERGIC to milk and eggs, which I never would have known if I hadn't just kept an open mind and seen where it led.

Sometimes the things that sound odd work, and sometimes you could get taken for a ride. So I AM praying for you tonight for wisdom and discernment. God made you and He knows what it's going to take to make your body as healthy as it can be. :)

Mrs. and Mama K said...

thanks mrs. c for your prayers! i know you have a full plate. ;)

Flo Paris Oakes said...

Cow's milk is the devil in our house. Ha! I used to get a sinus infection a month until I stopped drinking it.
Now I have a glass and feel SO phlegmy, I can't imagine going back to drinking it.


Even organic, or raw, or goats milk does that to me though. Anything creamy-like.

I haven't met anyone who didn't feel better after cutting out milk.
(Or switched to raw)

Sera has a digestive/painful reaction to it, but I have a suspicion raw milk wouldn't do it to her since all the enzymes and good bacteria would still be intact.

Hope you find answers!

Mrs. and Mama K said...

well, the kids and i only drink raw milk so it's not the processing that's affecting us...i'm thinking gluten maybe for me since my mom and her twin and step grandma are all gluten allergic...we'll see!