Monday, April 12, 2010

Harvest Husbandry

Saturday morning I had a great dream.  We were living in a two bedroom house.  There was some stuff going on, but this is the bulk of what I remember.  When you walked in the stairs were straight ahead, the living room was to the left with the kitchen in the back corner and a fairly big open hall to the right with a lot of light streaming in.  On the right there was also a double door with big round brass handles that opened like our bedroom door.  When I opened them I saw a HUGE room with dark pink carpet.  At first I noticed an entertaining area to the left of the opening with a pool table, arm chairs, and Foosball table.  Then to the right I saw a few rows of pews with a bunch of people in them, focusing on the back corner where a little stage was, just big enough for a podium and a couple musicians.  Just to the left of the stage was a door for entering.  Our friend's dad was there wearing a suit, leading the group. 

The next part I remember is a view of a street corner with a sign that said "Harvest Husbandry" and under it in smaller letters, "praise & worship".

I just LOVE the name on the sign!  The only time I've heard of husbandry is in a sale catalog for the Azure orders.  It was describing the different names on the products that come specifically from Azure.  Husbandry is the term they use for how they farm their land, all organic, taking care of it as if they are married to it.  What an awesome word to be paired with harvest. 

"Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." Matthew 9:37-38

No comments: