Monday, March 15, 2010

You Bring Restoration

Until this past month my brother and I hadn't seen much of our cousins from my dad's side.  We used to see them every year on Christmas eve and sometimes Thanksgiving.  They'd come over for the weekend and we would take our vacations together at Lake Havasu.  Then, all of a sudden it seemed to stop.  I remember my brother thinking one of them didn't like us and wondering what happened.

The past few years I've stopped by their place for various reasons, always met with love.  There was a baby shower, inviting them to our wedding, and just stopping by on the way home from Mexico.

At a birthday party our cousin M came with her mom and son.  We hung out a little and she mentioned how her and her brother talked about how nice it would be for all of us to get together again.  So, taking the initiative, I sent out emails and made calls to see who'd be interested.  I put dates out there to see which would work and hadn't heard back.

With that and some disappointment with my oldest half brother I wound up at a prayer group and mentioning our family near the end.  We prayed for restoration, truth, love, and prayed the song in the video with the lyrics "You bring restoration".



Well, the first weekend in March M had a birthday party for her son and I brought my hubby and kids.  Both her brothers were there and we all got to talk and hang out a little.  I say a little because Chuck E Cheese is one of the loudest places - I just about lost my voice before leaving.  One cousin, Josh, mentioned the next week would work for him to meet up, the others agreed, and the date was set!

So, this past weekend was an answer to prayer.  All three of our cousins came, my brother actually made it a point to be there and my dad was there, too.  All of us got to hang out, talk about memories and catch up.  Our kids even had a blast wreaking havoc.  It was great to just talk, be family again, and see all the red hair! 

As it turns out, my uncle became a hermit once he got a computer.  With that and his crazy commute he hadn't ever felt like stepping foot in his car to come visit us.  He's getting better lately, so hopefully we can ALL hang out some time, including my mom, who was upset to miss the reunion, our great aunt, and older half brothers.

Praise God for answers to prayer!

No comments: