Friday, March 13, 2009
I am so grateful that my husband allows Rusty to sleep with us! Co-sleeping is so easy! He wakes up and I nurse him laying down as we both drift off to sleep.
I have been extremely tired lately and I cringe thinking about how much more tired I would feel if I had to get up and go into another room every time our baby boy cried.
The down fall lately is in our love life. Rusty doesn't sleep as well in the cosleeper. He's not very tired by the time we get to bed and so I have to nurse him down. I'll pick him up, trying not to change his position, and put him in the sleeper. Soon enough he starts making nervous breathing noises and like he's trying to suck his fist. A few minutes later he's making it known he's awake and not happy.
Another inconvenience is that, since our bed is so soft, Rusty keeps moving closer to me throughout the night. Big Red barely gets his half of the bed at times and he just curls up near the edge and keeps on sleeping.
He hasn't complained once. In fact, I've heard him tell his friends how great it is since we don't have to get up and heat up and prepare a bottle. He encourages me in it!
Thanks honey for sharing our bed with our little one!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- Karrots is getting better at communicating.
- Karrots' heart for worship. She's now singing with her twirling and lifting hands!
- We can afford to eat out numerous times!
- Testimonies! Our church had a brunch on Sunday and just about everyone hung out an extra 2 hours so everyone could tell a bit about their testimonies.
- Our church family: our kids have a bunch of adopted uncles, aunts, and grandparents. One couple took to bringing yogurt drops every week for Karrots.
- Birthdays! It's Big Red's and both my parents' birthdays this month.
- Cooing conversations with Rusty.
- Yummy recipes from friends and family.
- Removable and machine washable car seat covers...need I say more?!
- A christian college education
- Everyday grace!
- That Karrots obeys when we're in a parking lot.
- We have a DVD-R!
- Digital cameras...take as many pix as you want!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Probably doesn't hurt he was 12 days "late".
Yes...we make 'em big!
Monday, March 9, 2009
- 1 1/4 pounds hamburger
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican mix cheese
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
Brown hamburger in nonstick skillet over medium heat until no longer pink (10-12 minutes), stirring occasionally. Pour off fat. Add chili powder, cumin, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Stir in spinach and salsa; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture into center of each tortilla. Fold as a burrito. Makes 8.
I recently doubled the recipe and used extra large tortillas I got at Costco as these are great for freezing!