Tell the story of a memory about your husband that brings you a smile and a giggle every time you think about it!
There are many, but this week we created a new memory. Our friend, Kevin Le, who was our photographer for our wedding and non-engagement photos, came over on Wed. night to take family pictures. I searched the internet throughout the day to get ideas of poses I really wanted.
First off, I was amazed at how well the kids did! (Once I get the files I'll be sharing them.) Rusty was super calm and relaxed and Karrots was all smiles and listening to the direction Kevin gave her.
Well, one of the pictures I found was the baby naked and the daddy holding him. So, we stripped them down and set up a sheet for a background and by the time we were about to take the picture, Rusty pooped. Now, he's still at the lovely mustard breastfed poop so it kinda sprayed everywhere.
As of yet, I'm not 100% sure BIG RED finds the humor in it, but he was a great sport. He just stood there and announced that he was fine and to finish getting pictures. I did butter him up after by making him chocolate chip cookies the way he likes them (gooey) and loving on him.
Honey - thanks for being such a good sport and being so involved in getting the pictures. You were amazing! Can't wait to have our beautiful family up and displayed!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
|Make a Smilebox scrapbook|
Candy Bar Game
The game that Janet forgot to play was going to be my favorite. It was a memory game of words/phrases having to do with having a baby. Each word/phrase related to a candy bar, which would be your prize for finding it:
- Laundry - Mounds
- Conception - Skor
- Daddy - Big Hunk
- Naming the baby - Whatchamacallit
- Mommy & Me classes - M&Ms
- Baby girl - Baby Ruth
- Baby poop - Milk Duds
- Engorgement - Whoppers
- Breastfeeding - Milky Way
- OBGYN - Butterfingers
- Baby giggles - Snickers
- Grandma's - Lifesavers
- Hospital Bill/College Fund - 100 Grand
There were more, but you get the idea...
Scriptures for Karrots
- "...you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. do not be afraid of terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your conidence..." Prov. 1:24b-26a
"I will both lie down in peace, and sleep. For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Ps. 4:8
- "He giveth His beloved sleep." Ps. 127:2
- "Hear, my children, the instruction of a father..." Prov. 4:1a
- "O God, You have taught me from my youth; And to this day I declare Your wonderous works...O God, do not forsake me, until I declare Your strength to this generation." Ps. 71:17-18
- "But the Lord your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the Lord your God loves you." Deut. 23:5
- "In righteousness you will be established; You will be far from oppression, for you will not fear; And from terror, for it will not come near you." Is. 54:14
- "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." Prov. 17:6
- "Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed...When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him...In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps...Whoever gives heed to instruction will prosper, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord." Prov. 16:3, 7, 9, 20
- "The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul." Ps. 121:7
- "Bless the Lord O my soul; and all that is in me bless his holy name." Ps. 103
- "Make me hear joy and gladness." Ps. 51:8
- "The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God." Ps. 14:2
- "Give to the Lord the glory due His name...Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of His holiness." 1 Chron. 16:29
- "All the earth shall worship you and sing praises to you." Ps. 66:4
- "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." John 4:24
- "But I confess this to you...I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets." Acts 24:14
- "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of Your heart." Ps. 37:4
- "As the deer pants for the water, so my sould pants after you my Lord. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." Ps. 42:1-2a
- "O, come let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our God our Maker. For He is our God and awe are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand." Ps. 95:6-7
- "I can do all things through God who gives me strength." Phil. 4:13
- "Where your treasure is, your heart will be also." Matt. 6:21
- "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Matt. 5:8
- "Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity...for there the Lord commanded the blessing - life forevermore." Ps. 133:1-3
- "Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your ways to the Lord. Turst also in Him and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light and your justice as the noonday." Ps. 37:3-6
- Book of Ruth
- faithful, loyal, diligent
- "The Lord is righteous within her; He will do no injustice. Every morning He brings His justice to light; He does not fail." Zeph. 3:5