Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Time with Grammies

As I mentioned on my last post, the kids and I spent a number of days up at Red's parents' house while Red and his dad went on a backpacking trip.  My amazing mother came with us and helped out, mostly cuz I was kinda concerned about having both kids at night by myself.  Red's mom helps looks after her MIL who lives with them and needed to be available to help her at night if she needed to use the restroom or whatever, so my mom got Karrots on the sofa bed and I got Rusty in Red's parents' room.

Most of the time we were there we just kinda hung out at Red's parents' place.  We joined his mom harvesting fruits and veggies and saw friends and Red's sister and her family a few times.

And I, of course, took LOTS of pictures!

Before we left our house I did my and Karrots' toes.



Karrots reading to all the baby dolls.


Rusty playing with a baby doll.


Rusty playing with grammy's Disney pop-up toy - a baby favorite


Rusty and one of his cousins.

My mom rolling around on the floor with the kids.


 Grammy on top!
 
Karrots on top! 
 
Grammy playing with Rusty.


 Going down to the garden with grammy.
 
 
 
"Look at my Armenian cucumber!"
 
 
 
Picking peaches


 Grammy's grapes
 
 She found grammy's nice kitty.
 
 
 Mommy forced her to take pix with her.
 
 Kissy face!
 
 

 
 
 Great grammy's bird feeders
 
 I was determined to get a pic of a humming bird.  They had a bunch that would chase each other, defending their food.
 
 
 Our friends came by so we could meet their new kids...couldn't post pix of them though...
 
 I think my mom enjoyed the bubbles more than the kids.
 
 
 
 
 Girlie super cousins
 
 
 
Chillin' on papa's chair


  
 Daddy pulling Karrots on a gardening wheel barrol.
  
 Grammy finally got Rusty to sleep and the kitty wanted attention.
  
Rusty got a hat from his cousin!  He looks so much older!

 
Playing house with a friend

3 comments:

sk* said...

TOO cute! Thanks for sharing those! You can email me the rest. :-)

Mrs. C said...

I had so much fun looking at these! What a neat family. :]

Mrs. and Mama K said...

Thanks! We're definitely blessed!