Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday

  • My girlfriend had her baby and a great birth experience! Little Dylan was 10 lb. 6 oz. and 23 inches! (Sound familiar?)
  • The kids got to meet their great, great aunt. My mom, the kids and I went to see her Tues. I've only met her once, when great grandma was still alive. Hopefully we'll be having her over for dinner next week since she's like 2 miles away from us!
  • I finally got some fabric and patterns to start learning how to sew! I'm attempting an apron without a pattern (tracing one I have) so we'll see how it turns out!
  • We have green onions in our backyard that we never planted!
  • Red's started our garden.
  • We may be getting a patio put in the backyard the beginning of next week!
  • My mom and I are getting along! I guess I've usually acted like a teenager and taken a lot of offense at things, even if they were good willed. This has been a huge prayer request, especially since having Karrots.
  • Karrots is a great sister. Seriously...I never wanted my brother touching me. She gives him kisses and hugs and is always by his side when he's crying.
  • I finally found a good program to make a cookbook! I have all sorts of recipe cards and I've been wanting to put together a book of the ones we use constantly...kind of a family cookbook. Allrecipes.com has a program! You can add your own private recipes to your online recipe box or recipes from their site.
  • Karrots has sat on the toilet twice! Given, she'd just pooped in her diaper both times, but she'd grab a book and just sit there. We're working on timing.

No comments: