Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Gifts


Red took Karrots to Walmart the night before mother's day to pick out a card and gifts. When I opened them Sunday this is what I got: 2 tumblers. It got me thinking about the times I tell her she can't have my drink because it's in a glass and she may break it..."Now you can share!" As soon as I opened them Karrots grabbed them and started giggling.

The card she got cracked me up: "It's funny how such a little work like "Mom" can mean so much - or how a small thing like a favorite song or scent can take me back to days when I didn't have a care in the world, days that you made happy and secure. It's funny how such a small unexpected memory can bring such a huge lump to my throat and such enormous gratitude to my heart." Really?! Was having Rusty that traumatizing?!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

It was great spending a little bit of Mother's Day with you! Thanks for coming! Karrots looked too stinkin' cute!

correas* said...

Tell Caruby we love her!