- Accepting your spouse for who he/she is...seriously. Not secretly thinking you can change anything about them.
- Losing your expectations for them. Be expectant and appreciate everything they do, but don't expect so they won't disappoint you.
- Pray together. It reveals your values and heart.
- "Wives, submit to your own husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be subject to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband." Eph. 5:22-33
- Fulfill each others' desires and needs...for men this means sex & respect, for women this means love & listen to her!
- Focus on their positive characteristics and believe their actions to be good-willed. I'd also recommend going through the Love and Respect series or reading the book. (There's a trailer for the book on the site.) This guy may be a dork, but he has a lot of insight. *;0)
Friday, March 6, 2009
My Husband Rocks Friday!
Prompt: "What makes a happy marriage?"