Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby Wipes


Well, I made them! I ended up getting a container twice the size as the guy's website mentioned (he said a 6 cup container) and, as you can see, they still barely fit.

I used the recipe my friend got from her baby shower:
2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. baby shampoo
2 Tbsp. baby oil

I did, however, play with the type of oil. I put some tea tree oil and lavender oil in with the baby oil, totalling 2 Tbsp. The towel turned out a little oily so next time I'll probably not put as much and I'm thinking of putting plain mineral oil in it instead of baby oil because Karrots has such sensitive skin and doesn't need the baby scent with the lavender in it.

A hint for anyone who may attempt this: pour the liquid in slow! It will absorb it all, but it does so slowly.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

Are you using these in conjunction with cloth diapers or are did you change to disposable?

Are you just using these at home?

Mrs. and Mama Knifton said...

I'm still using the cloth diapers and yes, I'm just using them at home. I COULD pack them up since I got an air tight case, but they're kinda big...We still have some Target brand wipes that go well in the diaper bag...