Friday, November 21, 2008

"Your pillow faces north when you sleep" Means Boy?

This morning I got two text messages right as we were getting up. The first was my friend Kristin, who was announcing they're having another boy (Congrats!!). The second was a friend telling me that according to the Chinese baby calendar, I'm having a girl.

Not that I don't trust her, but I just went on-line to see the tests they have to determine your baby's gender. This site mentions a list of things, like symptoms, that will give you an idea of which your baby is. Seriously...the way my pillow faces while sleeping? Another point was "You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number." I wonder if that's how the Chinese calendar works. "Your hair develops red highlights" points to a girl...which is kinda funny since we know we produce red heads.

Where do these people get this stuff? I guess only time will tell...

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

OK that sounds like some sort of witchcraft to me... I dunno. Maybe I am overly shy about non-Western methods of sex determination in utero. :]

Melanie said...

I found out about the Chinese gender calendar when I was pregnant for Kenny. It was right on with him and in retrospect for my first 2! It also was right for a lot of other people I know.

But, ya never REALLY know, ya know?

Any names yet?