Friday, September 19, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday!

Big Red was the first guy I ever met that I felt any natural respect for...and for who the respect has lasted. He's never been demanding or wanting to flaunt his authority. Instead, he's been humorous, appreciative, and a great partner in all we do.

One reason I was able to respect him so fully and quickly was because of his choices in purity. Before me, Big Red had never had a girlfriend, a kiss, etc. He vowed to save it all for his wife...and did! This, of course, made our wedding mean so much more. Our pastor had fun with it as well. Just prior to allowing us to kiss, he had all the couples in our crowd of witnesses stand and show us how it was done. It's one of my favorite memories from that day.

On our wedding night Big Red gave me a couple very special gifts. One, of course, was himself. The other was a necklace he had picked out years ago. When his dad gave him "the speech" and talked to him about purity he took him shopping to pick out a piece of jewelry that he would give his wife, representative of his giving himself to her. It was a necklace with two charms - a heart with a key hole in it and a key. It's one of my most valuable possessions.

Thank you, honey, for being a man worthy of respect and an example for all men and women. You give hope that purity is still possible and that people can overcome any obstacle to maintain it. I love you and am beyond blessed that you chose me as your bride!

2 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

Awwww....

This is so great!

You didn't know Sarah-Kate and I that well at your wedding, but we were just giddy that day. We were so excited for y'all. We knew David was a special guy since we were kids.

Your husband does rock!

Joshswife said...

That is a great tribute to David....yes, PURITY is an AWESOME gift. Continue in that.

YEAH!!!

Serena