Friday, June 20, 2008

Homebirth Petition

Letter from a friend:

Hi,
I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed. The AMA ( American Medical Association ) is seeking to pass legislation that would make home birthing ILLEGAL. Not for home birthing *midwives*, but for the women choosing home birth. They could potentially be looking at jail time if any of this passes. Our choices are slowly but surely being taken from us, and it's time to put a stop to it. Whether or not you agree with home birthing, please sign the petition to keep birthing rights in the hands that they belong in - the women giving birth. Here is the petition:


"Keep Home Birth Legal"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/birthathome?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.

Thanks!
~Christy
~HBAC Mama, Apprentice and Traditional Midwife
Southern California
www.thejourneyofanapprentice.blogspot.com

This is more than about medicine, it's about our rights to choose life and what's best for our babies...

3 comments:

Susana said...

I signed the petition and I wrote up my own response to the "resolution."

http://spiritledbirth.blogspot.com/2008/06/ama-blasts-homebirth.html

Mrs. Incredible said...

Wow, I can't believe you are already 14 weeks along. Congrats again. Are you guys going to find out what it is this time? The 3D/4D ultrasounds are really neat if you can do them. My little guy is going to look just like my 2 yr old. During the session he flipped us the bird. I am now 29 weeks.

Mrs. and Mama Knifton said...

No, we're not going to find out. In fact, no ultrasounds this time. We're going for a homebirth and she'll only be using a fetascope to hear the heart beat. I'm excited!