Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Guilty

For those of you familiar with my brother and what's going on, here's the latest:

He had his official court date today and was found guilty. He got 45 hours community service, a $1,600 fine, and has to take an 18 month course to apply for a restricted license. Of course, I was supposed to tell my mom he got 6 months in jail in Indio...

When I asked if he was relieved about not having to go to jail, he said he sorta wish he did so he wouldn't have the fee and the government would pay instead of him. Interesting.

"Your own wickedness will correct you, And your apostasies will reprove you; Know therefore and see that it is evil and bitter For you to forsake the LORD your God, And the dread of Me is not in you," declares the Lord GOD of hosts.
Jeremiah 2:19

5 comments:

Zimms Zoo said...

I am sorry to hear that. A friend of mine's brother is in jail for the 3rd time. He has no remorse. It is so sad to see people who claim to be christians do the same thing over and over.

Anonymous said...

The government wouldn't necessarily pick up the tab for jail time. In fact, he may have gotten a bill or had his wages garnished when he got out to pay for his stay.

Anonymous said...

I am upset to hear that your brother is taking this so LIGHTLY :( I agree with PP that NO the government does not cover his fee, and it should be more in my opinion! 1,600 is a mere pittance for the damage he could have caused to himself and others. I hope you share this with your brother. I am sevearly upset with him and wish he would return to normal :( I miss my little buddy, who was once so sweet and innoccent. I know that even if he did AA he would just go through the motions to do what he has to do to get through it, I don't what it is going to take for him to realize how many people he is affecting! How are you doing by the way? Love Ya :) mel

Zimms Zoo said...

hey i just realized that you haven't mentioned your new pregnancy again. how are you feeling?

Mrs. C said...

I'm sorry your family is going through this.