Sunday, May 11, 2008

Baby #2

As we've finally told Big Red's parents, it's official! We're pregnant!

I was hesitant to tell people because I look test last Monday and Wednesday and I got a faint line. I was kinda freaking out that I could have miscarried for various reasons. BUT! Saturday I tested again and it was a nice solid pink line!



In talking to my girlfriend, who happens to be training to be a midwife, she calculated that I was five weeks on Wednesday and will be due January 10th.

This will definitely be a homebirth!!

Also, here are a couple of pictures from our Mother's Day:

Bath time with grandma

Chillin' with daddy

As last night Karrots had a fever and threw up, we spent the morning sleeping and trying to get better. At one point Big Red had We eventually made it to my parents' for dinner and fun.

Karrots put her handprints on a card for me. That's as far as he got. I'm sure it'll be great when it's done!

6 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. C said...

LOL OK, since it isn't April 1, I suppose you're telling the truth...

Congratulations?

Mm... not sure for real you're not kidding yet!

Anonymous said...

"I was hesitant to tell people because I look test last Monday and Wednesday and I got a faint line."

Or how 'bout hesitant, because you're a big fat liar, and no one is gonna believe you this time. :-)

I don't.

Shouldn't have cried wolf... ;-)

--sk*

Zimms Zoo said...

well i believe you! ha!
I think that is so cool that he tried to make you a card with her handprints. I think my first mother's day was a bought card, but at least he was thinking of me.
This year we spent mother's day at the hospital with my sil and her baby who is very sick. it sure made me appreciate my healthy children more and count my blessings that I take for granted. She even enjoyed listening to her 2 yo fuss, because she hadn't seen him in 4 days, because of being in the nicu with the newborn.

Christy said...

YAY For a home birth!!! So you got a hold of Brenda then? How exciting! :)

Mrs. Incredible said...

Wow! You are pregnant! Hopefully you are not kidding this time. That was real mean. Congrats to you two. Hope its a boy, then you'll have one of each. Did you hear yet that ours is another boy. Its going to be Elijah. We just haven't settled on a middle name yet. Well, love you much and keep us updated. Sorry it took so long to see your post, we are trying to sell our house, I haven't been online in a while. Oh and the pics of Jess are so cute.