Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mocha Parfait!

Going through some OLD recipe books, I found a recipe for ribbon mocha parfait. As it was QUITE outdated, I changed it up a bit. Here's my version:

1 package of chocolate instant pudding mix (serves 6)
3 Tbl. instant coffee (less if you're not a huge coffee fan!)
3 cups milk
2 egg whites
Cool Whip (or any other dessert topping)

In a pan, combine your pudding mix and coffee. Add milk slowly. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Place wax paper over pudding until it return to room temperature. Add in egg whites and 3/4 cup Cool Whip. In goblets or flutes, layer the pudding mix with Cool Whip and chill until ready to serve! I added a mint Milano cookie for fun, but you can also add mint leaves with raspberries or whatever suits your fancy.
I made so much of it that we put it in bride and groom flutes and other goblets for our neighbors.


(Not beautiful, but SOOOO good! Anyone have any tips on how to make it pretty? All I could figure was stick my finger in the glass and wipe off the sides...I'm guessing that whipped cream would be cleaner as it sprays where you want it to go instead of having to scrape it off the top of the glass.)

Warning: Don't eat right before bed, esp. if you're not ADD and have trouble sleeping after consuming caffeine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: