Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Day


This year was our first Valentine's with Karrots. So...we dropped her off with a friend, picked up some burritos, and headed home for some alone time.
I spent most of the day trying to make our place seem clean and not so crammed, i.e. more romantic. I cleared our dresser to make room for candles, put a nice douvet cover on our comforter, and set out gifts.
This year I Big Red got me the perfect card. It was a puzzle that, once you put it together, has a secret message you have to use a special pen to reveal. As I love puzzles it was very sweet! I got him a canvas that says "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" in the foreground and our names in the background. I plan on putting it up over our bed with the poster we have of our first kiss. I also got him an "Escape to Romance" massage game. It has massage oils and a spinner that gives you what to massage, with what part of your body (no, it's not gross!), and what type of massage. It was hilarious!
It was so nice to be able to spend time focusing our attention solely on each other. I think it was refreshing for our marriage! I love having reasons to devote time to each other!

3 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

Did you get the game from Covenant Spice?

Mrs. and Mama Knifton said...

yes! *;o)

Christy said...

LOL...I'm trying to figure out how an intimate game, between a married couple, is gross. ; )