Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pregnancy Rumors

The day we found out that Big Red passed his PE test, I let my mom know and told her not to tell my dad. As Big Red works with him and was hoping to ask for a raise once he passed, I want to give Big Red the opportunity to tell him.

So, my mom went home and asked my dad if Big Red told him any news. Immediately, he asked if I was pregnant.

I guess it got my mom thinking because the next day she emailed me asking me if I was.

*****************************************************
Big Red emailed my dad to let him know he will be out of the office today. After my mom heard this, she immediately called me to ask if he had the day off to go to a doctor or midwife appointment with me.
*****************************************************
I have to admit, the thought had crossed my mind that I may have been pregnant. A couple weeks ago I bought a few tests and the one I took said negative.
To stop all the rumors, NO, I'm not pregnant mom and dad. I got my friendly monthly reminder that I'm a woman not carrying a baby.
END OF RUMOR...for now...

5 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

Welcome to the club.

If I haven't seen or talked to a friend of relative in a while the conversation generally goes like this:

"Hi, how are you?!"

"Fine, and you? Are you pregnant?"

I'm not kidding.

Mrs. C said...

'Till next month, then. LOL!

I think the rumours only stop when you hit menopause. Sorry.

Flo Oakes said...

Hahaha that's awesome.
I'm always trying to figure out who is secretly preggers!

Mrs. and Mama Knifton said...

I guess it's what being young and fertile is all about...

Mrs. C said...

I dunno... I'm older and the fat is always around my middle. So people suspect I'm pregnant all the time and say nothing... or... they just thought I was plain old fat and wonder where the baby came from LOL!

Really. Just today a neighbour stopped her van in the middle of the street and wondered what that pink bundle was doing in my stroller!!