Monday, January 7, 2008

Things I've Been Learning

  • I quote movies and secular songs way more often than I quote scripture...probably because I've watched more than I've read.
  • I haven't begun to grasp the concept of God being my daddy.
  • I still haven't completely gotten over certain past hurts I've been dealing with for years.
  • It's hard for me to read past one chapter of the Bible...I reach the end of one and see it as a milestone and a stopping point. These pauses weren't even in the original text!
  • "Jesus never taught His disciples how to preach, only how to pray." With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • I am completely ignorant when it comes to the power of prayer.
  • I rarely mean and understand what I'm singing in worship songs.
  • People couldn't receive the Holy Spirit until Christ came to make us pure as He couldn't dwell in an unclean person.
  • Question: What's the difference between worship and prayer?
  • "As long as in our worship of God we are chiefly occupied with our own thought ans exercises, we shall not meet Him who is a Spirit..." With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • As a child I used to ask God to forgive my sins every time I prayed. I haven't done that for YEARS! I also used to pray using the acronym ACTS (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication) and haven't thought about it in years.
  • "The knowledge of God's Father-love is the first and simplest but also the last and highest lesson in the school of prayer." With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • Christ taught, "First, Thy name, Thy kingdom, Thy will; then give us, forgive us, lead us, deliver us." With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • Challenge: Do I pray for others more than myself?
  • We need to remember "Thy kingdom come"..."The children of the Father are here in the enemy's territory, where the kingdom, which is in heaven, is not yet fully manifested." With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • "In each prayer to the Father I must be able to say that I know of no one whom I do not heartily love." With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • Janet, at church, gave an illustration of God during prayer. As we pray what He's put on our heart, He is eagerly waiting for us to just ask since He's simply excited to give to us. He's shouting, "Come on! Ask me! Just ask me!"

No comments: