Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

This year we were able to spend time with both sides of the family. The K Family Christmas we had on Monday, driving up to Big Red's parents' on Sunday night with his brother, Tim, and spending that night. When we got there Karrots' cousins were spending the night.


In following with tradition, in the morning we all opened our presents when we got up and had some candy cane pastry for breakfast. After, we all waited for Carrie & John to arrive with the baby.

This year Marci, Rebecca, Grandma and John acted out the nativity story as Grandpa read it from the Bible. Then, Grandpa passed out gifts one by one so we could be sure to share in each gift.



The Angel visiting Mary.



Aunt Carrie got Karrots the book, "You are My I Love You." I just about teared up when I read it, which is funny because it just so happened to be a book that came with one she had heard of so it was somewhat of a fluke.

While hanging out between meals there were a number of yummy snacks out as well, including Grandpa's egg nog. As I've married into the family, he let me take home that family secret.


For dinner Grandma had asked all her kids what they had wanted prior to our visit. She made a special dish per request for each of us. We ended up with ham, candied yams, sweet potato & bacon boats, a jello dish, mashed potatoes and rolls. It was delicious! There was even pecan pie and a chocolate fondue set for desert.



Aunt Carrie holding Karrots in her "Baby's First Christmas" hat and onesie


Uncle Tim holding Karrots


Aunt Melanie playing with Karrots and her new toy




Grandma holding both babies on their first Christmas


Baby Zack!



The B Family Christmas was Tuesday. After having our own family time in the morning, we headed out for quiche. My brother and his girlfriend even showed up!



Karrots wearing what Aunt Melanie got her for Christmas




After eating we eventually opened gifts, with my mom handing out as many as she could at once.





Karrots helping open gifts


A little reminder that our best gift came as a baby

My brother with the gift we got him

My brother with his girlfriend

For dinner we had a HUGE pot roast my dad got at Costco. We also had mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole (one of my favorites!) and salad. It was yummy!



Grandpa hanging with Karrots



We hung out a bit afterward, watching TV and talking. At one point we brought a scale down and weighed Karrots. She was exactly 17 lbs.! She's growing so quickly!


We enjoyed spending time with our family this season and hope you all did too!


(BTW - When we got home on Monday night I had received my Snapfish order. It said it was shipped on the 22nd...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... I FORGOT about that little outfit.... :-) Love you, Jessica Ruby! -- Sarah-Kate*

Mrs. C said...

I love those pics... how sweet!!

LOL on the Snapfish order. Bet you're impressed w/ their customer service now!

Gombojav Tribe said...

What a lovely holiday!