Monday, August 13, 2007

Once again...not yet...

After getting phone calls from my mom all weekend (Fri. night, 2 on Sat. and one on Sunday morning - now she's out of town, having demanded we don't have the baby until after Wed.) and running into people I've never met in my life who think they know me well enough to tell me when I'll have the baby and just how big I am, I'm starting to understand people's advice on not letting people know the actual due date (or anything that's going on) and why people stay home during the last couple weeks (i.e. to avoid contact with anyone with an opinion). I'm stoked about having this baby, but I don't need the stress (which, I hear, delays labor).

Thanks to all of you who have been eagerly awaiting news and yet have somehow held back on the comments and calls of "not yet?!", "why isn't the baby out yet?" and "you haven't started labor yet?!" I'm sure it's out of empathy and experience. I will never pester a pregnant woman again as to if the baby's out or not!

I do have a midwife appointment tomorrow so I'll find out if I've made any "progress" toward having the baby and let you all know. I'm getting close to desiring to suck my thumb and such to help welcome labor.

For some reason, this past week has brought on a new sensation of an itchy belly. Anyone with ideas on how to stop the itch? I've tried the thickest of shea butter, biosilk and baby lotion. It's driving me bonkers!

2 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

Just keep in mind at the midwife appointment that all that "checking" the cervix could potentially cause the bag of waters to artificially rupture, but labor not begin and increases incidence of infection.

Don't worry. There is no hurry for you to go into labor. Junior will come when Junior is ready.

I know the itching. Don't have any suggestions, though. It's just the skin stretching. Lotion and oil is all I can say.

Love ya!

The Homeschool and Etc. Blog said...

You mean you haven't had that baby yet? LOL JUST KIDDING!!

*snort*

I do check in, though, and am praying for things to go smoothly when the time is right. Good grief sometimes people really need to follow the old saying about keeping their mouths shut if they have nothing nice to say. I mean, how is any of that helpful??

Oh, and from personal experience a major pet peeve of mine is people who are slated to watch my kids when the baby comes getting major can't-reschedule appointments that last all day or getting out-of town guests when they know the baby is coming soon and I NEED help. It's always worked out, but after lots of stress.

Mrs. C.