Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Midwife Appointment

We saw Simona today and she said the baby's dropped a little lower, but that we probably have another week. She'll be leaving town next Fri. for her son's wedding so she was hoping we'd have the baby before then. She has a friend midwife who'll be able to deliver the baby if he decides to come then.

If not, Simona is talking about natural induction. If we make 2 weeks "past due" then she said the baby would be too big for her to feel safe having the baby there. This makes me think, "Daja, what's your midwife's phone number?" Size is not a good reason as God has made our bodies to work efficiently during labor, including the loosening of our joints. Needless to say, I'm not happy to hear of her suggestions.

Oh! Big Red mentioned the whole cord cutting thing and Simon didn't blink an eye. Maybe he's just better at this than I am. I get too emotional? Anyway, she said they don't have a waiver to sign, but she'd look into it. No arguing or anything! Wish it went so smoothly when I brought it up!

5 comments:

Natural Birth Advocacy said...

Oh, I'm sorry that you're seeing red flags this late in the game. It's hard when that happens. However, you know to *really* keep an eye out for things when you're there, and really suggests even more about not showing up until really late in labor. I would also REALLY keep an eye when the baby is born. Without a waiver, she's going to want to cover her behind, which may mean her clamping and then "Oops! I'm sorry, I forgot...." Unfortunately, I've seen it done. : (

Your baby will be a perfect size. If God knits them together in our womb...how can they be "too" big? ; )

God Bless,
Christy

Gombojav Tribe said...

Christy, is that you? Works with Brenda?

Christy said...

Yes! It's me. : ) I'm guessing this is Daja? This was a total meeting from God, I'm telling you!

Gombojav Tribe said...

I didn't know you had a blog, Christy! I'll be checking it now! :-)

btw, I'm starting a class in September. So, if you have any midwifery clients who need a childbirth class, send them over!

Daja

Natural Birth Advocacy said...

I do! : ) It's all childbirth stuff, but it's there. Will do! I'll let them know...

Christy