Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July, '07!

This year we spent the day with my parents. After sleeping in, Big Red and I went swimming with my mom at my parents'. Big Red had a blast jumping off the diving board and zooming down the cracked water slide. We also discovered his beloved sensitive sunscreen isn't waterproof. What a rip!


This is for my brother, Rabba - Here's a shot of me in my half prego bathing suit (the bottoms didn't fit so I had to wear old bottoms):





That evening we went with my parents to a BBQ at a friend's house. The house was really nice and sat right on the green for the 11th hole of the Friendly Hills Golf Club. We got to watch grown men talk about naming plastic animals for their golf game...





and played fetch with their dog, who does sommersaults...



We also ate some yummy cheeseburgers.


I spent most of the rest of the evening avoiding cigar smoke. Big Red kept me company, though, so it wasn't so bad!


Once it got dark we could see fireworks going on in the valley. They had a great view! We also got to sit in the front and watch the fireworks from the club. Some seemed to be right overheard. One of the best parts was listening to a southern friend's comments, like, "Get up there!" and "Give me a big one!" He definitely made it more entertaining! Also, a local car alarm kept beeping with each big bang and then went off a few times during the extremely loud ones. It was during those that I could feel Junior jumping!


All-in-all, it was a good day. We got to cool off, hang out with some cool people, and watch a good show. Hope all of you had a great 4th!

No comments: