Thursday, June 7, 2007

Hungry?

Am I the only pregnant woman who has no appetite?! I'm not talking about morning sickness. The first trimester I couldn't smell or even look at food without feeling sick, especially if I passed the beginning stages of hunger. If I didn't eat before the hunger got worse, I couldn't eat.

Now, I'm just fine with food...when I start eating. Eventually I just lose my appetite. I've also never eaten as slow as I do now. My husband laughs at me because I'll take a bite and put my fork down to chew and almost fall asleep between bites. Eating has become a chore and somehow lost its appeal. I can't sit down and complete a meal.

Can anyone help me find my appetite?!

1 comment:

Gombojav Tribe said...

I do know what you mean. My friend, Jenee (also a Bradley teacher) and I both experienced that with our last pregnancies. You just have to eat because you know you have to. Period. I, too, did not feel like eating and nothing really sounded good. It all got better a couple weeks after birth.

Hope that gives you a glimmer of hope! It was so sad for me to feel like I didn't want to eat. Because I LOVE food.