Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Interview

I've been interviewed by Daja.

1. What surprised you most about being married?

I'm surprised we've only been married a little over 6 months. It feels like we've been married forever! (That's a good thing!) It feels natural, like it was always meant to be this way. I figured I'd continually wake up in shock that there was a man next to me, but it's as if he's always been there.

One of the biggest transitions was getting used to sleeping next to each other, but I think we've tackled that. *;o)

2. What do you want to be when you grow up?

WHEN or IF I grow up?!

When I was little I wanted to be a nurse. Learning that blood is not my thing, that faded. I'd really love to be a missionary...like LIVE in Mexico...and of course, the best mom I can be. I don't really have any HUGE corporate plans, like running a business or working full time outside of being a mom and wife. If figure that as long as I'm in God's plans for me, I'll be happy.

3. If you had only five food preparation tools in your kitchen (not counting major appliances like the stove and fridge) what would you choose?

A really good frying pan, a pot, a spatula, a good knife, and a magic bullet (can't live without my smoothies!).

4. What is your favorite Scripture and why?

Just one?! I've always loved Philippians 1:6, "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." It's proof that God's not done with me and gives me hope...something to look forward to.

I also love Ezekiel 37 and Job 38. Ezekiel because it shows God's power AND it's the first scripture He's given me to share with the church (and it keeps coming back!).

"3 He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign Lord, you alone know." 4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. 9 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.'" 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army."

Job because it's God reminding Job how small Job is and how great God is.

"1 Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm. He said: 2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? 3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.
4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. 5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? 6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone-- 7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? 8 "Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, 9 when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, 10 when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place, 11 when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt'?"

5. Who's your favorite Veggie Tale?

I'd have to say Larry the Cucumber (not a pickle!) because he's so random!

**********************************

Now that you've read my interview, you can all play along! All you need is a blog!

Here's what you do:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." (If I don't have your email address already, either leave it in the comment.)

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1 comment:

Flo Oakes said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE my magic bullet! I got one for Christmas.